AlzeCure Pharma AB (publ) (FN STO: ALZCUR) today announced that its interim report for the period January – March 2021 is now available on the company’s website: www.alzecurepharma.se/en/section/investors/financial-reports/
“AlzeCure continues to progress our portfolio according to our 2021 plan. During the first quarter we focused on advancing our ongoing clinical trials with ACD856 and ACD440 with the goal to announce data from them during the summer. In addition, we continued to focus on our preclinical pain project, TrkA-NAM, so that we will be able to choose a drug candidate for the project during the second half of 2021. We also strengthened our development organization by employing a Chief Medical Officer with expertise and experience from our core areas, Alzheimer’s disease and pain. Thus AlzeCure has once again closed the books on yet another positive and very active quarter.”
Martin Jönsson, CEO
Financial information for January – March, 2021
Figures in parentheses refer to the corresponding period of the previous year.
· Net sales during the period totaled SEK 0 thousand (0).
· Earnings for the period totaled SEK -22,962 thousand (-13,784).
· Earnings per share, basic, totaled SEK -0.61 (-0.36).
· Total assets at the end of the period amounted to SEK 99,065 thousand (176,406).
· Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period totaled SEK 94,163 thousand (172,230).
Significant events during the period January – March, 2021
· The company appointed Märta Segerdahl Storck, MD/PhD, to serve as Chief Medical Officer (CMO). Märta took up the position on April 1 and is responsible for our clinical development activities. She is also part of AlzeCure’s management group.
Significant events after the end of the period
· On April 19 the company received, slightly ahead of plan, positive and significant efficacy data from the phase Ib clinical trial with the drug candidate ACD440 for neuropathic pain. It was also well tolerated as a local treatment.
The full report is attached as PDF and is available on the company’s website: www.alzecurepharma.se/en/section/investors/financial-reports/